Recovery House Certification Application Steps
RICARES believes that safe and affordable housing is a crucial piece of Recovery Support Services. We are working with recovery houses in Rhode Island to certify houses to meet the national standard of recovery housing certification. We hope to turn the tide and make recovery housing in Rhode Island a supportive option that enhances recovery capital. Blue text are links that will open in another window. See our Certification Conditions and Additional Standards.
Step 1: Open and review the RICARES Certification Application and other online documents describing our requirements and the certification process (standards, ‘preparing for your inspection’, etc.) Certification Pre-Inspection Checklist.
Step 2: Complete the Certification Pre-Inspection Checklist.
Step 3: Gather the required documents.
Step 4: Scan the required documents.
Step 5: Complete and submit the online RICARES Certification Application. This is the step where you will upload all required document. (see list of required documents)
Step 6: Attend Recovery Housing 101 training with OSCRH.
- Resident Application Form
- Resident Agreements
- House Rules (including brochures, handouts, and other supportive information)
- Letters of Recommendation
Organizational / Administrative
- Proof of Legal business status
- General Liability Certificate
- Written Code of Ethics
- Proof of Alcohol Drug Free Environment
- Permission from Owner of Record
- Proof of Resident Financial transactions
- Good Neighbor Standards
- Grievance Policy & Procedure
- NARR Code of Ethics
- Policies & Procedures manual/operating standards, or equivalent information provided to House Staff
- Home photos
- Website Address