Mission | Vision | Values
RICARES is a grassroots effort focused on creating a socially just community for all Rhode Islanders impacted by substance use. We approach stigma with an intersectional lens and advocate for change.
We envision a community where Rhode Islanders have improved their health and wellness. Where every person is given the resources and services they need to succeed, to live a self-directed life, and to reach their full potential.
We believe that healthy communities have the infrastructure for all members to succeed.
- Affordable Housing
- Accessible Education
- Healthcare Equity
- Public & Personal Accountability
- Public & Personal Transparency
- Economic Opportunities
- Safe People
- Safe Spaces
My belief is in the chaos of the world and that you have to find your peace within the chaos and that you still have to find some sort of mission.
How We Do It
- We bring impactful opportunities to people so they can recognize their personal contributions to Rhode Island communities.
- Create additional opportunities for all Rhode Islanders to access recovery.
- Create healthy and whole communities that support recovery efforts for all Rhode Islanders.
- To Lead & Collaborate with stakeholders increasing overall recovery capital.
RiCares Annual 990 Tax Form Filings
RICares’s annual budget is approximately $100,000 annually. Over half of our funding comes from government contracts through the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals. The remainder of our funding is donated from individual community members, faith communities, local businesses, and foundations. It really does take an investment from our community.